INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Function for 'song' in MC21 and JRemote on Mac  (Read 2219 times)

ihegarty

• Recent member
Search Function for 'song' in MC21 and JRemote on Mac
« on: May 24, 2016, 03:21:06 pm »

OK, So MC21 running on Mac displays 'Album. Artist, File Genre etc..' but does not appear to default sort/display by 'song'

In MC21 I can do a global search for a song title

In JRemote,there are similar 'default' sorts, ('Album. Artist, Genre, Composer etc..'  but again no default sort/display by 'song'. Additionally, JRemote does not seem to be capable of a global search by song title.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to display a 'default sort'by song title in MC21 and/or JRemote?

2. Is there a way to do a global search by song title in JRemote?

Michael

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Search Function for 'song' in MC21 and JRemote on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:30:51 pm »

1. Is there a way to display a 'default sort'by song title in MC21 and/or JRemote?

In Standard View, go to Audio > Panes.  Or Audio > Files .  Type in your search.  If you want to sort by song name, click on the Name column.

2. Is there a way to do a global search by song title in JRemote?

I don't use JRemote, but I *think* the global search is on the left side of the interface, at the same level as album, artist, etc.  It's a top level selection item.  I think it searches very much like MC's standard view, looking for matches of your search in all of the common fields, including song name.

I just played around with something else that *maybe* you'd like:  I made a "songs" category under Audio for JRemote (and other remotes).  It just lists all songs alphabetically.  Which can be a really big listing for some libraries!  The Search within this category is pretty straight forward though:  It just searches by song name and shows the matches.

Brian.

ihegarty

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:00:07 pm »

Thanks Brian, I'll need to play around with that some more...

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:03:57 pm »

In JRemote use the Search on the bottom left. When the results are displayed as "Grouped" you just get titles with no other info, but if you change the format to Flat you'll see the album or track thumbnail along with other info (such as the album name and the track length). I usually use the Grouped display, but it's not very useful when displaying search results, so then I change to Flat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up