INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read-Only, One Directional Sync Between JRiver and DLNA Remotes?  (Read 3435 times)

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

I've just begun to enjoy my JRiver library on my Android phone via DLNA. I wish I'd done it years ago. Everything works extremely well, except that I'm not getting the results with sync that I'm looking for.

At first I set up the DLNA server in JRiver with a username and password, which provided full bidirectional sync. But I don't want the remote to be able to make changes to the files on the server. Then I removed the username and password. Now the remote can't write to the server, but any changes I make to the library don't show up on the remote. The library on the remotes appears to be frozen at the state it was in when I first connected from the phone to JRiver.

So is there a way for the remote to read changes from the server without being able to write changes to the server?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Read-Only, One Directional Sync Between JRiver and DLNA Remotes?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:16:47 am »

I've just begun to enjoy my JRiver library on my Android phone via DLNA. I wish I'd done it years ago. Everything works extremely well, except that I'm not getting the results with sync that I'm looking for.

At first I set up the DLNA server in JRiver with a username and password, which provided full bidirectional sync. But I don't want the remote to be able to make changes to the files on the server. Then I removed the username and password. Now the remote can't write to the server, but any changes I make to the library don't show up on the remote. The library on the remotes appears to be frozen at the state it was in when I first connected from the phone to JRiver.

So is there a way for the remote to read changes from the server without being able to write changes to the server?

It might help to know what remote control app you're using on Android and what you mean by "removed the username and password"?  do you mean you disabled authentication on the server?  Or that you're just trying to connect with your app without a password?

FWIW the official JRiver remotes (Gizmo and JRemote) update for me even with authentication disabled on the server, but it can take a while, and they do once in a great while need a manual refresh (by restarting them). 

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Read-Only, One Directional Sync Between JRiver and DLNA Remotes?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:23:20 am »

Thanks for your prompt response. Everything is working fine.

A particular change that I'd made in my library took longer to appear in my remote than I anticipated, so I thought there was a problem, but eventually it did appear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up