INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE & FLAC FILE CONVERSIONS OVER DLNA  (Read 2325 times)

Irishlord82

APE & FLAC FILE CONVERSIONS OVER DLNA
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:09:25 pm »

I am a newbie and have followed the instructions to the best of my ability. I've ripped CDs in both APE & FLAC however when I use my Oppo 105 or my Yamaha CX-A5000 pre/pro, all the tracks are shown as MP3s. Is there a setting(s) that I am missing to get a ripped CD to play in its original 14,400? How do I copy my high resolution files, DSD 64 and 192/24, to MC and ensure that they will be played at their audiophile rate? Thanks for your help.  :(

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: APE & FLAC FILE CONVERSIONS OVER DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:30:33 pm »

I think what you want is Tools | Options | Media Network and then Add or Configure DLNA servers. From there you have options to control the audio format sent to DLNA clients.

Irishlord82

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:05 pm »

Thanks for the help. I just went from my office which has my desktop PC with MC to my living room and started my Oppo which now show the file type as "wav". I'm not sure what I did to get that result but at least I now have lossless audio.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:09 am »

There is only one format that all renderers must support -- namely PCM L16 no header. So it is best to set MC to always convert to that format.

However many renderers do also support PCM with header (which is also commonly known as WAV) so that has a high chance of working too..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up