INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Not working  (Read 3101 times)

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
WDM Not working
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:05:58 pm »

Everything was working a few hours ago and suddenly its stopped and I can't find the JRiver option in the Control Panel Sound settings, after that I saw there was a pending upgrade for JR so I did that but still nothing. I unchecked the WDM driver, closed JR and reopend it, checked WDM, closed JR and opened it again and still nothing??

Help please...

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM Not working
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »

Restart Windows and it should be redetected and then show in the Windows Sound properties

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 06:08:23 pm »

Thanks, that fixed it!

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:49:49 am »

Okay so its happening again and I figured out why, every time I switch to the PJ as my display this is occurring, the PJ has built in speakers which I disabled when I got it and it doesn't occur on other PJs I have that do not have built in speakers. It also never occurred previously on this PJ as I've been using the current one with speakers for a while and the issue just popped up the day I made my first post and it is continuing.

How do I make it go back to how it was before when it did not drop JRiver from the sound panel and the WDM continued to operate after switching on the PJ? I have not added any hardware or software that I can recall. Right now I have to restart every time I switch to the PJ to get the WDM working again with the PJ on.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:44:08 am »

I gotta ask what is a PJ?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 09:23:28 am »

Sorry, PJ = Projector. Habbit on other forums.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:55:01 am »

It sounds like every time you turn on the PJ Windows re-detects it and sets it as the default sound device.

I think you can go into Windows Sound Properties (when the PJ is connected) and select the PJ "speakers" and then under the Properties Tab select "don't use this device, disable. For the WDM device you would select "make this device the default".

Also, check under Control Panel>Device Manger (when PJ is connected) and see if you can located the PJ sound device driver (maybe under display and/or sound devices) and set the sound device to "disabled".

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 10:17:16 am »

The PJ speakers are already disabled and do not play when the PJ starts, only the WDM gets "broken" and when I play anything there is no sound as the WDM isn't working and the PJ speakers are disabled. The PJ speakers do not automatically enable.

I went into the sound panel and checked and the PJ speakers appear twice when I click "show disconnected devices", there is also two "Digital Audio (HDMI)" which are disabled, don't know what that is as I've never used audio over HDMI, only whatever the PJ gets when I connected it the first time after which I disabled it. All four of the disabled options have "dont use this device, disable" under properties.

I will go into Device Manager and do what you said when I switch on the PJ next and report back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up