INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server won't start when MC update is flagged to load  (Read 1583 times)

hacker42

I like the new auto updating feature, but I think it prevented Media Server from starting. I had to log in and run Media Center and allow it to update in order to get Media Server running. I am remote from this media server most of the time, and while I can RDP in to it to get it running, I won't know there is a problem until I get into the car in the morning and can't stream my music.

I could not find an options setting to tell Media Center to download updates but not force install on the next restart.

Relevant System Info:

Media Center
    Version: 21.0.83 Registered
    Install path: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\
    Interface plug-ins: Interface Plugins: TiVo Server (not running)
    JRMark: never run
    Memory used: 348 MB memory
    Handles used: 772 handles
Advanced System Info
    Memory & CPU
        CPU features: MMX, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, AVX
        Free Physical Memory: 721 MB
        Total Memory: 3.9 GB
    Operating System
        Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Server won't start when MC update is flagged to load
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:50:33 am »

I like the new auto updating feature, but I think it prevented Media Server from starting. I had to log in and run Media Center and allow it to update in order to get Media Server running. I am remote from this media server most of the time, and while I can RDP in to it to get it running, I won't know there is a problem until I get into the car in the morning and can't stream my music.

This was happening to me on the HTPC over v18, v19 etc - and was so annoying - that I simply turned off updates and do them manually on Saturdays as part of standard maintenance.

Having MC available and at the ready - is far more important than worrying if I have the most current update.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up