INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do I need to see the film in 3D? monitor 3D? graphic card 3D?  (Read 1932 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

I have a monitor Nec PA272W that is not 3D. I'm using basic video intel HD 4600. All under windows 8.1.1 x64.

I have a 3D movie in mkv/h264. If I try to see this movie I can see 2 image in the same video-window.
Is it possible see it in 3D?? what many 3D videofiles exist? mkv and ISO of blu-ray?

What do I need to see the film in 3D? monitor 3D? graphic card 3D?

Thank you!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What do I need to see the film in 3D? monitor 3D? graphic card 3D?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:08:58 am »

You need a 3D monitor/display.  There are 2 types, passive and active 3D. The passives have the clear type of glasses that you get in the theaters, while the actives have somewhat darker glasses which sync by infrared or RF radio signal to the TV, or projector.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 07:00:37 am »

You need a 3D monitor/display.  There are 2 types, passive and active 3D. The passives have the clear type of glasses that you get in the theaters, while the actives have somewhat darker glasses which sync by infrared or RF radio signal to the TV, or projector.

Thank you.

Graphic card is important? only monitor 3D + glasses are enough?
JRiver is compatible with all monitors 3D?

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:52:06 am »

Your Intel HD4600 should be able to do 3D assuming there are no driver related bugs.

Otherwise any recent AMD or NVidia card should work. Personally I prefer AMD for 3D playback, but that is just personal preference as I don't like how NVidia has implemented 3D.  Others may have a different opinion as both have issues with their drivers etc from time to time.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:14:43 am »

Your Intel HD4600 should be able to do 3D assuming there are no driver related bugs.

Otherwise any recent AMD or NVidia card should work. Personally I prefer AMD for 3D playback, but that is just personal preference as I don't like how NVidia has implemented 3D.  Others may have a different opinion as both have issues with their drivers etc from time to time.

but the 3D-glasses go together with the monitor or graphics card?

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 08:48:54 am »

They go together with the monitor.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 08:49:32 am »

intel GPU's are currently unusable.   elsewhere in the forum this has been reported by me and others

i just installed 10 via bootcamp on my macbook which has an nvidia 750M as well as intel iris hd gpu and using nvidia 3D mkv mvc plays back fine.   will use it for a while and wait to see if intel support is fixed

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 08:58:21 am »

Please use the existing 3D Blu-ray thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103931.0

Please read the thread before posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up