INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serious Problem with Download Manager  (Read 1339 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
Serious Problem with Download Manager
« on: August 10, 2003, 11:08:18 am »

In DM, I have the renaming options set to ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK # - ARTIST - NAME. In the past, this has performed flawlessly. NOW, the files that are downloaded are named "ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK # - ARTIST - NAME.MP3" ... literally. The tag information remains intact but the file name is changed to the above. The problem arises when the next file is downloaded. It over-writes the last file with the above name so the directory "ARTIST" has one subdirectory named "ALBUM" and the contains one file "TRACK# - ARTIST - NAME.MP3" no matter how many have been downloaded. This problem translates directly into dollars lost for I pay for songs, their records show I have downloaded those songs but, due to the file renaming of Download Manager, I don't have those songs.
I have no desire to hold anyone there responsible even if I could and in truth, the dollar loss is most likely less than $10 but wouldn't you agree that this is a serious problem that should be addressed immediately?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Serious Problem with Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 11:52:19 am »

I have the same problem, thought it was something I was Doing Wrong. I recently downloaded about 100 songs from a subscription service with renaming just set to ARTIST - NAME only to find I had one track literally named ARTIST - NAME.mp3.
I had to turn off the renaming option, download the files, then use MC to fill properties and then Rename files from properties.

I am sure this is a recently introduced bug as it used to work for me.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 11:58:27 am »

The last retained download I have is July 30. It happened sometime after that. Your fix is what I am doing now, also. I had noticed that filename but thought it was a problem at the source.
CVIII

Modified 3:10 pm - A search showed that 225 was released on July 30 and 226 was released on July 31. It was a long time until the next build and it wasn't really even an official Beta release ... it was "if you're bored". I suspect one of those two. I never have downloaded "if you're bored".
That's right.
I'm cool.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 12:28:52 pm »

I first noticed in build 226, but can't say for sure whether I used Download Manager in builds 224 or 225

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 02:16:26 pm »

Have you tried using [ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\[TRACK #] - [ARTIST] - [NAME] ?

A while back they made a change where all tags used in naming templates needed [] around them. Could that be it?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 04:19:06 pm »

I just select the defaults from the pulldown in "Options">"File Associations">"Enable Automatic File Renaming...". But now that you mention it, the missing brackets could be the problem ... just something that got overlooked that made that particular feature of DM incompatible with the Media Center changes.
I see there's a new Beta. I'll download it and see if things are different. If not, I run all my downloads through various Library Tools anyway ... one more "Rename from file properties" is not too painful, for now.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up