INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie needs assistance  (Read 4928 times)

acoustic1

Newbie needs assistance
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:26:52 pm »

I am in eval period and love the sound quality.  First issues: I am finding it difficult to
1.  play videos at > normal speed (why isn't there an option to increase speed when right-clicking on a video?)
2.  Play Spotify from within JRiver.
TIA for pointing me to the answers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie needs assistance
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »

You can fast forward by using the right and left arrows on the keyboard or remote.

There is no Spotify integration.

acoustic1

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »

Sorry that I wasn't clear.  I want to playback video at higher speed (say 1.25x or 1.5x).  Is there an easy way to do that (I see by right-clicking on the video that I can slow the playback...but I don't see how to speed the playback)?

Also, if there is no way to play Spotify from within JRiver, which other (if any) streaming services can I play from within it?

Thank you.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »

You should be able to use the << & >> buttons to Rew and FF in the traditional sense (as opposed to "skipping").

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:05:21 pm »

Ctrl + Left Arrow / Right Arrow will do fast motion playback.

I'm asking the team about putting that in the slow motion playback menu because it's a little hard to find right now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

acoustic1

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »

1. I thank everyone for the replies, but I still don't have the answer I am looking for.  Control+left/right arrow allows me to speed the video to 5x, 20x, 100x.  What I am looking to do is to play the video - with sound - at 1.25x or 1.5x speeds.  This is a basic feature found on Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. which allows me to playback recorded webinars in less than the normal amount of time.

2. And I agree that faster playspeeds should be on the same menu as slower ones.

3.  I understand not Spotify, but can any of the streaming services play directly through JRiver (or does one have to download their content and add it to a playlist)?

Thanks again.

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:57:09 pm »

Even when you download Spotify playlists for offline use, they have to be played through Spotify.  Streaming services integration is a real problem with JRiver, and the best workaround I have found is to add shortcuts that launch streaming service application executables or websites in full screen, and choose a browser with a dark theme

Trumpetguy

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:51:17 am »

Streaming services can be played through JRiver using JRiver WDM driver, where your audio service sees the WDM as an audio device called "JRiver Media Center 21" in your audio device list. There is in general no direct integration, and there are reasons for that (do a forum search on this forum, you will find answers).

You will have to enable the WDM audio driver from Options->General->Features->Check "WDM driver" at the bottom of the list. JRiver will need to be configured to play to your physical audio output. Note that Spotify can only play to Windows Default Audio output, so you need to make sure that "JRiver Media Center 21" is set to default.

The audio path from Spotify will be:
Spotify>JRiver Media Center 21 (the WDM driver)>JRiver audio engine, including any DSP>Physical audio output (e.g. your DAC or pre-amp)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 05:09:41 am »

You can also play Spotify or Tidal through the Bubble UPnP app on an Android device and send the audio to the MC DLNA renderer. I find that more convenient than running on the PC and using WDM.

acoustic1

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 11:35:41 am »

1.  Still looking for help re playback in video.  I want to be able to playback at 1.25x to 1.50x speed.  So far replies have shown only how to speed through video at high speed with no audio.

2.  Re Spotify, thank you all for replying.  It does seem JRiver is more complicated than I expected!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:45 am »

1.  Still looking for help re playback in video.  I want to be able to playback at 1.25x to 1.50x speed.  So far replies have shown only how to speed through video at high speed with no audio.
You've said the same thing in four posts since yesterday.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 05:47:38 pm »

See discussion here about 1.25 playback speeds. It seems like it is possible, but not that easy to do and there might be some issues. No expert, just passing along the reference.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105246.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up