INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment on new "TV Status" feature  (Read 2776 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Comment on new "TV Status" feature
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:10 pm »

I like the new TV info area in the Television menu. The one with the "... , "Recordings" "Recording Rules", "TV Logs" and "TV Status" display. It's nice to not have to dig through the menu (TV Options>Advanced>Status) to see the TV Tuner Status. And the TV Logs is a real nice addition. Thanks.

However, as I'm sure you know, when you first open the TV Status display there is No Tuner status -  it says:

"Your Tuner list is empty. Either you do not have any Tuners or your Tuners have not been initialized yet. Any television activity, such as watching or recording will automatically initialize the list"

The problem with this situation, is that if you want to check on your Tuners, say just before a critical (i.e. a season finally, etc.) recording is to start to be sure everything is working, you see the message. Then you wonder if the Tuners "will be initialized" when the recording is supposed to start or is there another problem that needs to be addressed first.

I'm not sure if many Users know this, but you can then go the TV Options>Manage Devices", and just open Manage Devices settings window and close it again, and that action is enough to populate the data (initialize the Tuners) in the "TV Status" display.

So I post here, to suggest that JRiver should consider adding a "Refresh" button or a link to the "Manage Devices", so the (Tuners initialize) and the current Tuner status is shown.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Comment on new "TV Status" feature
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:52:23 pm »

You can watch the channel briefly.  That is a surer way of making sure your tuner is in right order.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:23:07 am »

True, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the "TV Status" view, IMO.  ;)

But, the TV Status only comes up empty one time (after a restart or upgrade), so it's not a big deal.

Thanks.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:21:00 am »

I like the new views in Standard View Television also.

I am really hoping in the future that Clients will have the ability to view the Server's "Tuner Status" and "TV Logs" in in their standard view.

Right now if I want to view these items, I have to "interrupt" Tv viewing on my home's main television by remoting in, dropping out of Theater View, checking the information, going back to Theater View, then pressing Green button to get full screen viewing back.

Should not be that difficult, these are not editable items, they simply display information. Currently on Clients, the other items in that view (related to guide and recording rules) are all interactive functions with the Server, so why not Tuner Status and Tv Logs...
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 04:01:49 pm »

We did not initialize device list on Show Status because we did not want to unnecessarily load up the tuners when we do not need to tune to any channels.  This concern probably should be dropped and device list initialized when we Show Status.

Yes showing logs and status of the server on a client will be implemented.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up