INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying both "Now Playing" Album Art and Visualization in Player Window  (Read 3531 times)

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

I'd like to set up the Player Window to display both the visualization and (in a smaller window) the album art for the currently playing selection.  I've played with the "Split View" option and it's getting me in the right direction, but I haven't figured out how the get the second view to give me such an option.

Thanks for your help.

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

Bumpity

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Which visualisation are you trying to use?
Have you looked at Visualisation Studio?
Have you looked at Detached View?

Could you mock up what you are trying to achieve with a bit of image cut and paste editing? Then we may be able to work out how to do it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

Here's a print screen of the screen set up I'm looking for.  Image the visualization (I particularly like the Oscilloscope visualizations) between the tabs and the album art screen.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Sort of like the attached image then? It shows the visualisation, the list of tracks in Playing Now, and the Cover Art of the current track. . . sort of. Note that the navigation bar/menu at the left could also be hidden if you wished, by dragging the vertical divider, or clicking the tiny little arrow on the divider. The one pointing left.

The trouble with my example is threefold;
1. How the hell did I get that?
2. Note the small text below the Cover Art image, "The display for this zone is owned by a different window".
3. The horizontal dividers in the two split views keep trying to align with each other, which destroys the layout.

Comments;
1. I basically started playing a playlist, selected a visualisation, then added the split view. I selected the Player menu item at some stage, so the Playing Now list is in the bottom pane of the left view. Then dragged the horizontal dividers to where I wanted them in both views, so that Playing Now is more fully shown and the Cover Art fills the space above. Dragged the horizontal divider in the right view down to the bottom to hide it.
Note that saving that View, and then reloading it, doesn't retain the horizontal divider positions.
2. This means that the Cover Art doesn't change when a track changes, unless you click on the track currently playing, or the display is refreshed in some other way. It seems moving a horizontal divider refreshes the display. But then you hit problem 3.
3. The horizontal dividers snap to the same position at the drop of a hat, in the next room. Actually, even on track change, so you lose the layout every track change. The good news is that when you fix that, the Cover Art is displayed correctly for the current track.  ;D

I thought that No.3 had been fixed some time back, but maybe that was only when each view was looking at different Zones.

Visualisation Studio may still be a solution for you. I haven't played with that to test.

Another option is creating a secondary Zone, linking the Primary and Secondary Zones so that they are effectively playing the same thing, and then putting one Zone in each view, one with the Playing Now list and Cover Art, and the other with the visualisation. I haven't made any attempt to test that, so I could be completely barking up the wrong tree. But I think that sort of thing is possible. Linking Zones would be the crux of it.

Read this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones   and this:   http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ZoneLink

Hint: Your secondary zone may be your PC Speakers connection, with the sound muted so you don't get two different outputs, for example.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

Thanks!   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up