INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDTracks downloader effects MC  (Read 4733 times)

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
  • One's actions exist, but the one who acts does not
HDTracks downloader effects MC
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:36:52 am »

I downloaded 'Venetian Concertos by David Chesky' from HDTracks which uses a download program written by JRiver.  The tracks were written to disk out of order.  e.g.  'Concerto 1, Movement 3' was written as track 1, 'Concerto 2 Movement 4' was written as track 2, etc., etc.  Of  course they play out of order in MC, which normally wouldn't matter, but is bad news for classical albums.

I tried renaming files on disk to be in the right order, deleting album from MC library, and re-importing with the option to 'ignore previously deleted files' unchecked.  This didn't work; files were still in the incorrect order from the download. I don't get that since files were renamed.  

Files are still correctly named, track order wise, on disk.

Next, I copied files to another directory, for safe keeping.  Then I deleted album from MC library with option to delete from disk, restarted MC.  I then moved the copied files back to original library and re-imported.  Same results, tracks are still listed, and of course play, in incorrect order.

Wow!  How do I fix this?

No matter what the answer, don't lose sight of the fact that the original problem was seemingly caused by a bug in the downloader.

Thanks  

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: HDTracks donwloader effects MC
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:13:10 pm »

The downloader does not change anything in the download process. The issue you have is a result of bad tagging from the record label that is supplying HDTracks.

To correct it you are changing the file name. MC does not rely on the file name for playback. You need to correct the Track # tag. You can do that using the Tag command in the Action window (lower left hand side). If these are multi-disc albums you may also have to correct the Disc # tag.

blgentry

Re: HDTracks downloader effects MC
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:06:03 pm »

There's a nice MC feature which will help you renumber the tracks in the right order.

1.  Add the tracks from the album to a new playlist.
2.  Drag the tracks up or down until they are in the correct order.
3.  Highlight all tracks.
4.  (Right click) > Library Tools > Fill Track Numbers From List Order

Now the track numbers should be correct.

Good luck.

Brian.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:27:34 pm »

I wish I could like HDTracks, but everything they sell is album only. I prefer the cafeteria approach of selecting one song at a time. Sorry to get off topic.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 07:50:33 pm »

I wish I could like HDTracks, but everything they sell is album only. I prefer the cafeteria approach of selecting one song at a time. Sorry to get off topic.

I used to buy from HDTracks but now I (almost) always buy from PonoMusic.
https://www.ponomusic.com/

The prices are usually lower. It may not solve your complaint as I think single track vs album sales is driven by the provider of the content but it's worth checking out.

Randy

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
  • One's actions exist, but the one who acts does not
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:43 am »

There's a nice MC feature which will help you renumber the tracks in the right order.

thanks for your help.  it worked, of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up