INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote -> Is there a way to browse Shows?  (Read 1986 times)

bhampster

• World Citizen
JRemote -> Is there a way to browse Shows?
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »

Hi,

Under Video and then Shows I see a list of my TV shows I have on my server. Choosing one then I have a problem...

For Example ... Game of Thrones shows 50 episodes ... No way to know what is in Season 1 ... no way to know what is episode 1 ... because the episodes have names so they are listed a to z.

I can't see a way to have things broken into seasons first of all and then put the episodes in order after that.

Am I the only one with this problem? I admit ... I watch a LOT more movies than TV shows but if I want to watch one of my shows I have to use the "remote" section instead and do a lot of navigating.

-Brian

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote -> Is there a way to browse Shows?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:47:52 am »

Sure.  Make a new TV Shows view in Standard View and get it set up the way you want to see it in JRemote.

Now, add it to JRemote:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote...

Add your view and put it where you want it in the tree.  This can take a little bit of experimentation to get the layout in the tree to be how you want it.

Important:  Once you say OK on all of this, it's not done yet.  You have to restart MC *and* JRemote.  Then you should see your new view show up in JRemote.

Note:  If you make changes to your view in Standard View, those changes will *not* show up in JRemote.  Why?  Because the procedure above copies the view to JRemote.  It doesn't link it.  If you want to have changes show up, you'll have to delete the view from the menu item above, add it back in, and then restart both.

Good luck.

Brian.

bhampster

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote -> Is there a way to browse Shows?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:57:59 pm »

Wow,

Very cool, I'll have to try it.!

Thanks, !

-Brian
(also)
Pages: [1]   Go Up