INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist files disappear  (Read 1370 times)

shimrod

• Recent member
playlist files disappear
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:22:37 am »

I've had an ongoing problem with files missing from established playlists. Most of my files are located on a NAS and a hard disk on a different computer. Occasionally I would check the playlist contents and find that certain files were no longer there. I have a couple playlists that I haven't played in a while; I checked them and found all content was missing. The files themselves are still in the library, it's only the playlists affected. I verified the "repair missing links" box is checked.

I searched the forums and couldn't find any other mention of this behavior. Is there something I can do to keep my playlists intact? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: playlist files disappear
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:42:04 am »

In a similar "missing files" post, it was recommended to Not check the box to fix broken links. Then if something changes (like your removable drive is assigned a different drive letter when you reconnect) you can still see the file and that the path/link changed/broken. However if you prefer to use this feature, be sure to set to "protect files on missing drives".
Also, it was suggested that you do Not check the box "Update for External changes".

These auto-correction-features are convenient but if something changes without your knowledge or intent, the results can be difficult to discover. If you do everything manually you have a better chance of seeing something go wrong. IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up