INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (VIDEO) Change HDMI output resolution  (Read 2937 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
(VIDEO) Change HDMI output resolution
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:04:04 am »

Hello
a possible simple question which i cannot get rid of
setup
------
I connected my PC to a 1080p tv, I want to play video using JRiver 2.1
issue
------
video is played at its native resolution, e.g. 480p movies occupies a smaller portion of the screnn

How can I tell JRiver to upscale @1080p?
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: (VIDEO) Change HDMI output resolution
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:04:43 am »

Options>Video>Display Settings

In my case, I leave "Display Settings automatic change mode" Off, which means that MC always uses the Desktop settings, which are 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz. MC displays everything at that setting.

But you could also just set "Display Settings automatic change mode" to Custom and select the resolution you want to use for each video type.

If you have "Display Settings automatic change mode" set On, I think video will play at the source resolution. If you are using ROHQ you can also modify the madVR settings by listing all the display mode madVR is allowed to shift to. Find those settings under Options>Video>Open madVR settings (Advanced)>Device>[your device (TV) name]>display modes.

Also Search the Wiki for "Display Settings" to find more info, such as: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Video_Playback_Options
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 11:14:30 pm »

Ho RoderickGI.
I have had help from you before and now i am asking if you could list the MADVR settings again as I have lost mine and some things seem to have changed on my setup.
I use Bitstream (I know most dont) ROHQ I cant set the display modes in MADVR as for some unknown reason, if I do it will not play 25fps and I cant use videoclock with bitstreaming.
I have one particular file that reports as 24p but is suffering from really bad motion judder. it is possibly some other setting that I dont understand.

Thanks in advance
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:25:13 am »

Hi Maid,

Unfortunately I can't help much, as I only use RO HQ on my workstation run as a MC Client, and I just use the default madVR settings, and the MC settings as I described above. I just don't need to use anything else to get good quality video. On my HTPC I am still using RO Standard as I only use an Intel iGPU, and it isn't strong enough for RO HQ.

If you want to get back to the default madVR settings there is a batch file in "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr" called "restore default settings.bat" which will do that for you. You may want to take a note all your current settings first though.

But if you have one, or just a few, 24fps files that don't play well, delete them and find another source of the same thing. Or use a video editing tool to re-encode them so that they work. Of course, the bad file(s) may just have such a low bitrate that they will never play better.

Sorry, but that is about the best advice I can give.

However, if you really don't want to source new copies of the problem files, and do want them to work, you could try specifically listing all video modes that you want to use with your TV. For example, on a full HD TV they might be as per the attached image. I don't know if that list is conclusive, but it is valid, for a 1080p TV. You can now get to that madVR dialogue without having to play a video and right-click, via "Options>Video>General Video Settings>Open madVR setting (Advanced)...".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up