INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting - Saving - Help - v9.1.226  (Read 1403 times)

gkerber

Sorting - Saving - Help - v9.1.226
« on: August 09, 2003, 11:05:59 am »

I have constant problems getting my sort order saved, and then when I finally think I have it saved properly, a few days later, it's wrong again.  Anyone else notice this?

I think I found the way, we'll see in few days.

Check Automatically Save Sorting Changes
Change the sort to what is desired.
Exit the program
Restart MediaCenter
Uncheck Automatically Save Sorting Changes
Exit the program
Restart MediaCenter

Some of the restarts may be unnecessary.

This is an example of a simple thing like sorting that has gotten way too hard to logically figure out.  The old way in v8 where it was set in Options was better IMHO.

I've had to write this down in a MediaCenter text file, along with other "how-to's".

It's simply not intuitive.

Media Center Registered 9.1.226 -- C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2542 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive K: CDWRITER IDE5224            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jleerigby

Re: Sorting - Saving - Help - v9.1.226
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 12:01:13 am »

I've had this problem many times.  It just seems to affect view schemes that are part of view scheme groups.  A change in a recent build (pre 228 ) fixed some of the problem.  The only outstanding issue I have now is that if I click on a scheme that has sorting set within the scheme rules then all schemes that are part of groups take on that sorting rather than the previously saved sorting.

I've just stopped this behaviour by unticking the 'Automatically save sorting changes'.  However, the problem returns whenever I save a sort ('for this location only) on another scheme.  When I do this all my view schemes that are part of groups take on that sort.

It's a bug and I've reported it.  Until it's fixed if you use view scheme groups it's best to get your sorting saved as you want it then turn off automatic saves.

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 12:19:47 am »

Just found another problem too.  If you try to save the view for all locations you must have 'automatically save sorting changes' turned on for it to work.

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 07:45:28 am »

Just found another problem too.  If you try to save the view for all locations you must have 'automatically save sorting changes' turned on for it to work.

Maybe that's been my problem, having to have that flag set to save for all locations is illogical.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 08:53:58 am »

Yep.  It's like having to have automatic saves switched on just to be able to do a manual save!

As a workaround for now I turn it on, do my sort and save, then turn it off again.  A bit messy but does the trick.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 07:20:38 am »

There was a bug where it wasn't saving the sorting when you said "Save View".  It'll be fixed next build.

Thanks for helping.  Let us know if other things still don't feel right.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up