INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wtv files no longer playback in MC21  (Read 4455 times)

ConradT

• Recent member
wtv files no longer playback in MC21
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:53:45 pm »

Hi,

I'm Upgrading from MC 20 to 21 and noticed that my collection of recorded TV done with Win7/WMC will no longer playback smoothly on MC21.  Worked just fine on MC20.  On MC 21, everything gets speeded up - like its stuck on fast forward. 

Hopefully there is a simple fix, but my searches for .wtv file playback problems didn't turn up anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: wtv files no longer playback in MC21
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »

What version of MC are you using?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »

No problems playing WTV files here. I'm using MC21.0.86.

I think there were some issues with some videos playing on fast forward some time back. Maybe search for those and see if there was a resolution. I can't remember what the solution was, if there was one.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ConradT

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »

Hi,

Tried this with both 21.0.86 and 21.0.83.  The behavior is the same.   I have a machine with both the old version (20.0.131) and 21.0.86 on it.  The wtv file plays with the old version and runs way fast in the new version.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:55:36 pm »

Well I can't find the threads that discussed fast video playback, so some notes to consider.

When you have two major versions of MC on one PC, and you switch between them, MC will ask to install something. It does that because it needs to install (register actually) that major version's components, as they are major version specific. Do you see that prompt if you switch between major versions, and are you allowing MC to install what it needs? You should. You can't run two major versions, MC20 and MC21, at the same time. Make sure MC20 isn't starting with the PC and running in the background. Options>Startup>Windows Startup>Run on Windows startup> Nothing.

I'm assuming that you have rebooted the PC a couple of times after installing MC21.0.86? It is often a good idea, particularly if there are apparent problems.

It is possible that a reinstall of MC21.0.86 over the top of the existing MC21.0.86 would fix the problem, if there was an issue during the first installation. Best to do it after a clean reboot of the PC.

If none of the above works, can you upload a smallish sample of one of your wtv files that don't work, to OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar. We can test if it plays correctly on our systems then.

By the way I tested using Red October HQ rather than Red October Standard. Which Video Mode are you using? Have you tried using the other mode to see if the files play okay?

Otherwise I am at a loss why this sort of stuff happens, particularly between versions. It could be a problem with DirectX on your PC. You could run DXDiag.exe and see if it reports any problems.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »

I can reproduce the problem, although I have no idea what changes we made caused it.  I will investigate.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 04:07:41 am »

This will be fixed in the next build, sorry for the inconvenience.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ConradT

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:59 am »

Wow that was fast response! 

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up