INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback could not be started on the output 'WASAPI' using the format '44.1 kHz  (Read 1895 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

G'day

Be warned that I'm not all that good with this technical stuff - just like to play tunes!

'cept I can't.

All working nicely for a month, and two days ago after playing 6 tracks from folder "X" I immediately decided to play another 3 tracks, and started getting this error (I changed nothing nowhere no how).

The Exclusive access box is checked, and always has been.

Have restarted computer a few times, but no change.

Youtube plays no problem.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

Oh, and the other thing is that I used to be able to adjust volume by the system slider (and I think the application slider), but now I have to do it manually on the external bluetooth speaker which is a real PITA. Have tried checking Application, Internal and System for the hell of it but nothing changes. It's currently Application.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

Hmmm. A little weird. I'm using Koss BT540i headphones which double as a headset. Just had a look at Audio Device list and Headset was checked. Changed to Headphones and it works now.

I swear I changed nothing!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Bluetooth isn't super duper reliable.  Your computer might have lost connection to the BT speakers and switched to the other audio device instead.

Brian.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

Yes I've noticed that it can be a bit antsy. Seems to me that Wireless is better (dunno why both are used really). AFAIK Bluetooth is just weaker wireless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up