INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing references to bad files  (Read 2125 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Removing references to bad files
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:57:01 pm »

Every time I do a manual import, I get notified of a number of skipped files which were "previously determined to be bad". I took care of these bad files a long time ago (they were all .m4p files which I converted to .m4a). Those "bad" files do not exist anywhere anymore. But MC still complains about them. One recommendation I found involves creating a smartlist via "[Media Type]=[Audio] ~d=b", and operating on the results. That doesn't work because those files no longer exist, and that smartlist comes up empty. I tried various flavors of "Fix Broken Links" (Yes, Yes with protect files on missing drives). No effect.

What is the recommended procedure these days for handling this situation? I just want MC to forget all about these files. Running MC21 on a MacPro, Mac OS 10.11.5.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Removing references to bad files
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:46:16 am »

Same problem here.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:26:38 am »

Change your selection criteria from "[Media Type]=[Audio] ~d=b" to just "~d=b". All bad records will be displayed. Delete the ones you want to get rid of.

Note the criteria "~d=b" means "Limit database to Bad", which is what I used in the "Set rules for file display" in a quick view I created. Same result in a Smartlist.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 02:54:37 am »

That works for me, thanks!

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:24 am »

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up