INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reinstalled MC21 now does not see another network computer  (Read 2123 times)

jocar37

• Recent member
Reinstalled MC21 now does not see another network computer
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:25:46 pm »

I recently innstalled Windows 10.  When I tried to open MC21 on my laptop, I got a message that first I needed to reinstall MC21 to be compatible with the new OS.  I did so, without any apparent incident.  But I want to add files on another network computer, and MC21 on my laptop can't find that other computer, even though Control Panel I can view not only that other PC, but the music library on it. 

How do I fix this?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Reinstalled MC21 now does not see another network computer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:46:23 pm »

Check the Windows 10 Network settings on your PCs, there may be in a mixture of public/private network groups.

Spike

jocar37

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:47 am »

I'll check, but what do I do about it if that's what I find?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »

You'll have to go through control panel and network settings.  Windows 10 can be a bit wonky on networking and what works for one, doesn't always work for another.

Try mapping the folders on the other computer as a local drive in explorer (right click and you'll see "map network drive in the list").  It is probably the easiest place to start.  Make sure the folders are shared also.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 02:19:30 pm »

This may help http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6815-network-location-set-private-public-windows-10-a.html?filter[1]=Networking Internet (copy/paste the link)
It's a tutorial on setting up private vs public network on Win10 (from the site "tenforums").
Pages: [1]   Go Up