INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple zones, one at a time, with common "Playing Now"  (Read 1354 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Multiple zones, one at a time, with common "Playing Now"
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:29:18 am »

I'm looking for a way to configure MC21 to do sort of the opposite of Multizone playback: I'd like to be able to switch zones without changing the current playlist or "Playing Now". Basically: I want to walk from one room to another room; the rooms are different zones; I want to be able to tell MC "send what you're currently playing in THIS zone over to THAT zone over there". As far as I can tell, different zones always have their own "Playing Now" unless you have multiple zones linked together. I don't want that, I still only want sound to go to one zone at a time. But switching zones always results in dropping the current "Playing Now" and starting over.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

MC21, MacPro, Mac OS 10.11.5.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple zones, one at a time, with common "Playing Now"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:56:48 am »

There are (at least) two different procedures:

A.  Copy playing now from zone 1 to zone 2.  Stop zone 1, start zone 2.

B.  Slightly more elegant...  Go to Playing Now and right click on zone 2.  Choose zone link > (choose zone 1 here).  Wait for them both to play, which takes a few seconds.  Right click on zone 2 again and select unlink.  Now both zones are playing the same thing, independently.  Press stop on zone 1 and zone 2 will continue playing.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up