INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Galaxy s7 problems  (Read 2043 times)

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
Syncing Galaxy s7 problems
« on: June 07, 2016, 02:18:56 pm »

have been having this problem for a good long while now, first with my Galaxy s5 and now my new S7 edge. The problem consist of JRiver not being able to find my phone when  I try to set up "add device". It brings up the "select path" but there is no Samsung folder there. Simultaneously File Explorer clearly shows the phone and memory cards folder there. As stated this has been ongoing for a long while. I worked around the problem with my s5 by removing the memory card from the phone and using a card reader which updated synced well. That is a much more difficult thing to do with the new phone so want to try to solve this. Any help will be much appreciated!
][URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/eaglesnest_1412/media/Capture_zpsw1rzdwbh.jpg.html][/url]

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Syncing Galaxy s7 problems
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »

Have you actually tried browsing the card in Windows Explorer? Newer android versions will connect your phone in charge-mode only so that it will show up in windows but the storage partitions won't be mounted. If you have already selected MTP file transfer in the notification drop-down, you might try switching to PTP.

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Syncing Galaxy s7 problems
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:10:16 am »

Have you actually tried browsing the card in Windows Explorer? Newer android versions will connect your phone in charge-mode only so that it will show up in windows but the storage partitions won't be mounted. If you have already selected MTP file transfer in the notification drop-down, you might try switching to PTP.
Thanks, seems to be working now. Only thing I can think of is I didn't give JRiver enough time to sync. Once I got it to sync however then it wanted to create duplicates of everything that was on the phone thus maxing out the memory chip. To fix this I deleted all the music from the phone and then re-synced it and now have everything that is on my PC in lossless now also on my phone in 320kbps mp3. Hope next time I sync it will recognize what is there and not try to add a copy of everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up