INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Connection Failed" Message When trying to use JRemote from my office  (Read 5690 times)

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

Hi Y'all,

I've recently downloaded JRemote to my Android (Moto E, Version 5.1).  I can get it to work while I'm at home, but I haven't figured out how to get a connection while at the office or a location away from my home.  I've done the set-up through Media Network and have the Access Code and Port Number.  I also left the program up and running on my home computer.  I suspect there's a step or a vital detail I'm missing somewhere, as I've read through the information here and at Wiki but only understand about a third of what I'm reading. :-\

Could someone help me out, or point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

A little help...  ?

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe

You need to map the port to your server's internal address on your router at home. I can't give you more detailed instructions because I haven't done it, but I believe it has been discussed many times, so searching the wiki or the forum will turn up something.

If I wanted to do this I'd take a slightly different route. My router supports OpenVPN, and there's an OpenVPN client app for my Android phone. I'd enable OpenVPN on the router and connect from my phone that way.

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

With your tip and the help of my high-tech son, I think we have this working.  I'll try it at the office tomorrow.

Thanks!

Whistler Fred

• Recent member

Just to put this one to bed...I discovered that the problem was with my phone and/or phone service.  I've upgraded both and am now happily listening to music at the office.  Nice app!
Pages: [1]   Go Up