INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.0.86: Bug - Cover Art is not saved to location specified in Options  (Read 1993 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

This morning I wanted to snag the cover art from inside a new online album purchase so I usually right click on a file and choose "Save Cover Art to location specified in Options"

My "location" to save Cover art is here

But when I go to the location specified in Options...in Windows Explorer - I do not see the file extracted.

To my surprise - I finally found the extracted image - sitting in the folder the tracks were in?

I guess I am confused as to what is the order of operations here. Is MC using the "Audio Mode" (In The Same folder as the file) when I click "save cover art to External Location specifed in Options"?

Should it not be saving the file - in my case - to D:\Pictures\Album Art\Export

Bug? By Design?

VP

blgentry

I'm pretty sure you need to have "in specified folder" selected for that to work.

Brian.

Vocalpoint

I'm pretty sure you need to have "in specified folder" selected for that to work.

Thanks Brian.

The way this is presented on screen (Options-Cover Art) is a tad confusing tho.

If one has selected "Audio Mode: In the same folder as the file" - the ...Folder option just below it should be greyed out and not selectable whatsoever. If my target is the source file folder - then specifying a path too - makes no sense.

Conversely if the user selects (Audio Mode: In a specified folder") - then the user should be able to select a custom path and see the art appear there.

But as it stands now - with an audio mode that does not apply to the folder path visible (as in my case) - the word "specified" in the menu makes me think it means my "specific" path I see there and not (In the same folder as the file).

This could be presented a bit better.

EDIT: I flipped to Audio Mode: In a specified folder - with my same custom folder path in place - and the files still do not show up?

I see MC doing something when I choose "save cover art to external location specifed in options) but it's not placing cover art in my Export folder. I have no idea where it went...

VP

VP

apostos

• World Citizen

I’ve noticed this too…
Even though I have these settings…

‘Audio mode: In a specified folder’
‘Folder: F:\JRiver Artwork\Audio\Album Covers\

Look in your users folder in… \AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Temp.
That’s where mine have been turning up.

Vocalpoint

I’ve noticed this too…Look in your users folder in… \AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Temp.
That’s where mine have been turning up.

Correct you are! Just found a boatload of files hanging out there - including the files I just "saved" in the previous post.

Okay MC dev guys - this function is completely busted.

How does " \AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Temp" suddenly get involved in saving Cover Art?

Now - I do see that path in Options - under Program Files->Temporary files.

Clearly there is a problem here.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up