INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Resolved] Copying a View from Desktop to Laptop  (Read 1620 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
[Resolved] Copying a View from Desktop to Laptop
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:38 am »

I've have an MC view on my desktop, and now I want to copy it to my laptop. The view is named "my view" and is located in the Saved Views folder on my C : drive. I copied that file to J River/Media Center 21/Data/Saved Views on the laptop, started MC on the laptop but cannot find how to load that file so my view on the laptop looks like the view on the desktop.

What do I need to do?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copying a View from Desktop to Laptop
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:20:08 am »

View > Add View > Add library view

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »

Thank you, Marko!   :D

I've been looking and comparing EVERYTHING (but apparently not!) between my desktop and my laptop for 2 hours to get the views the same.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:45 pm »

You're welcome.

On a side note, it's probably better practice to save these with your library instead. The views folder in the program directory contains all of the default views supplied with the default installation.

If you browse to your library folder in appdata\roaming\JRiver\media center 21\library\ there will be a "Saved Views" folder there if you have previously used the "Save View" feature. If not, it's perfectly safe to create your own there, and save your jvi files inside it. for your convenience, these will then be included in future library backups, whereas those in the program directory, will not be.

-marko.
(I don't have an MC in front of me right now, so the paths above are from memory and might not be completely accurate, but I'm sure you get my drift.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up