INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver ignoring tags?  (Read 2565 times)

alex014

• Recent member
JRiver ignoring tags?
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:27:19 am »

I have all my movies separated into four different categories.  Movies, family, holiday and exercise.  And then one for recorded tv shows. I tag them all and it seems to work.  But recently I imported the insanity and p90x sets.  They were ripped as mkvs and I treated them as box set with a separate tag exactly how I do other collections i.e Star Wars.  How ever they keep showing up under  tv shows which I have limited to .jtv format. Thanks in advance for any help .

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver ignoring tags?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:37:37 am »

Most TV shows views limit the files by [Media Sub Type] .  Post the definition of your TV Shows  "Set rules for file display" dialog.  It's probably not set up exactly as you think it is.

Also, since you want P90X to appear under exercise, what is the definition of your Exercise view's set rules for file display?

Brian.

alex014

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:54:37 am »

the tv show rule is media sub type is tv show.  The folder all the recorded shows  are in are tagged that way when i configured the import rules and i limited the file format.  The exercise is done similar and are in a separate folder with other exercise videos that display correctly.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 10:09:47 am »

Like blgentry said, check the media sub type tag for each show you are having a problem with. My guess is that the shows you are importing are less than hour long and were then imported as media sub type "TV show" and you want it set to  "movie".

alex014

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 10:31:02 am »

I don't think I described my problem correctly.  The tv shows are displaying correctly . The two box sets are not. They are being displayed with the tv shows instead of with the other exercise videos. And it's only those two sets that are incorrect .  Sorry is I was unclear.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 10:36:29 am »

did you check the media sub type tag?

did you verify that the "exercise" tag (whatever that may be in your case) is correct?

did you try and select the files, and try an update library from tags (right click, library tools)?

alex014

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 09:34:56 pm »

Thanks for all the help.  For some reason jriver was tagging the media type as a tv show for the boxsets.  I m sure I messed something up.  I made the necessary corrections .  Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up