INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hide itmes with an android remote (e.g. EOS)  (Read 1877 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
hide itmes with an android remote (e.g. EOS)
« on: June 10, 2016, 04:32:33 am »

hallo

next try:
I have a lot of audio files. Most of them I like. Some of them are, let me say not sooo good ;-)
Is there a posibility to hide these items ( songs, albums , genre) with a remote like EOS?
There must be also a switch to make these items temporary visible again.

greeting
H.-E.

You can do this with Views.  Start a new topic and someone will show you how.

Brian.

You can use an android remote (e.g. EOS) to hide items ( audio files or albums) in the future?
how?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: hide itmes with an android remote (e.g. EOS)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:17:19 am »

You can configure the server to display what you want on the client.  Look under Media Network in the options.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:13 am »

I have a lot of audio files. Most of them I like. Some of them are, let me say not sooo good ;-)
Is there a posibility to hide these items ( songs, albums , genre) with a remote like EOS?
There must be also a switch to make these items temporary visible again.

The main idea in doing this is to define a new view that shows only your "good songs".  Whenever you click on that view, you'll only see songs that match your criteria for "good".  Most people would approach the criteria for "good song" with the Rating field.  For example, anything that is 4 stars or higher would be "good" and anything 3 or less is "not good".  You can figure out what you own criteria is, and then use that in your view.  Note that you could even make a checkbox field called "good song" and put a check next to every song that you feel is good enough.

Now, just make a new view in MC's standard view (using the program from the computer screen) and get it working to show only the songs you want.  I have a test view I made called:  Albums Only Good Songs.  It shows me my normal albums view, but filters out anything with a rating of 3 stars or less.  When I double click on an album, it only shows me 4 stars or higher songs.

Once you've got that working in Standard View, you need to copy it to the Media Network views that are displayed in remotes like JRemote, EOS, etc.

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > customize views for jremote...

In the dialog that comes up, add in your view that you just created and position it in the tree where you want to see it in EOS.  After you get it set up, click OK to close all of the various windows.  But you're not done yet!  You need to quit and restart MC.  Then quit and restart EOS.  Now your new view will show up in EOS.

So you'll have one or more new view that show only good songs.  Plus all of the original views that show everything.  Note that you can remove any views you don't use, using the same dialog I just showed you how to use.  This way, EOS can become very customized to your needs.

Good luck!

Brian.

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:42:03 am »

The main idea in doing this is to define a new view that shows only your "good songs".  ....

Good luck!
Brian.

Thank you for your replay. With that I know what to do ;-)

regards
H.-E.
Pages: [1]   Go Up