INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't shuffle a playlist  (Read 2517 times)

Sil

• Recent member
Can't shuffle a playlist
« on: June 10, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »

Something strange, Whatever the option I choose, I can't shuffle a playlist.
I tried Ctrl-R, add (shuffled), add (shuffle all) and so forth, but the list won't shuffle.

Shuffle does work with an album. It doesn't with a playlist.

Am I doing something wrong ?

V 21.0.86

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't shuffle a playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 02:03:25 pm »

when you are in the playlist, there is a shuffle button at the top

if you are in the "now playing window", there is a shuffle icon at the top, you can reshuffle there as well

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 03:45:10 pm »

Not sure if the option to lock a playlist would stop it from being shuffled.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »

Something strange, Whatever the option I choose, I can't shuffle a playlist.
I tried Ctrl-R, add (shuffled), add (shuffle all) and so forth, but the list won't shuffle.

Ctrl-R shuffles Playing Now.  The various Add commands like Add (shuffled), takes whatever you have selected and adds it to Playing Now.  Do you want to play the playlist shuffled, or do you want to see the playlist get shuffled in place?  The first would play the playlist, the second would just randomize the playlist for later playback.

Your playlist is probably locked, or maybe it's options are hidden.  Look in the upper right hand corner of the playlist window.  You'll see an icon of two arrows.  Click that icon and it will expand the header of the playlist and show you buttons and a description field.  From her you can unlock the playlist and you'll then see a Shuffle key.

Finally, you can always select some files in a playlist (or all of them), then Right click > Edit commands > Shuffle Selection .  That will shuffle the files "in place".

Brian.

Sil

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 04:00:10 am »

Thanks for the help.

- No, my playlist isn't locked.

- I do not care to play the playlist shuffled or to see the playlist get shuffled in place, as long as the playlist is played shuffled.

- Ctrl-R does not work as it should.

Again, this happens with a playlist, not with an album.

I specifically did this playlist because the mediacenter somehow believes it is 4 different albums. Like I wrote in another post, this is the only player that has this problem.

Perhaps including all the tracks in a single playlist doesn't solve the problem and the media center still has issues with it: I created another test playlist (without any of those tracks)and it's working. Oh well, Ill live with a playlist not working correctly. Must be a very subtle bug somewhere.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:19:13 am »

I can only think of one thing that would keep songs from being shuffled:  If all of the songs were linked together with "Link Tracks".  Go into your playlist, right click on the column header, and add "Link" as a column.  Do you see numbers there?  If so, those tracks are linked.  I'm guessing you tried to link them as part of your troubleshooting process when the album was appearing as multiple albums.

You can unlink them very easily:  (Select all tracks) > (right click) > Library Tools > Break Track Links

If my guess is right, that should fix it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up