INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get get home videos to display in theater view  (Read 4826 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Cannot get get home videos to display in theater view
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:19:02 pm »

I have added home videos as a library item in theater view, and I have tagged all of my home videos as video media type, and home video sub type, and they don't show up.  Where am I going wrong

CountryBumkin

Re: Cannot get get home videos to display in theater view
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »

Are you using the MC built-in (default view) "Home Video" category, which is located under the Video heading?

Or did you create the Home Video category on your own?

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:40:08 pm »

The built in view from library items from standard view

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 10:52:48 pm »

Ive tried both but i still havent had any success

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:56:19 am »

The default Home Video view in MC shows my Home Videos without problem.

Find the videos in the Video>Files view, select one or more, and check that the [Media Type] is "video" and [Media Sub Type] is "Home Video", with no spelling mistakes or additional characters.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jachin99

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 03:15:12 pm »

They all have the right media type, and subtype.  Is there any other tag information that might be missing or incorrect that would prevent them from displaying?  What other tag values or filter values could I use to narrow a given theater view library item down to just my home movies?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »

Can you provide a screen shot of your Theater View > Home Video properties? The "Set Rules for file display..." page.
Maybe that will offer a clue.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »

There are no other tags used in the selection of what to display in the Theatre View Home Videos view. Just the [Media Type] is "video" and [Media Sub Type] is "Home Video" selection criteria on the top level, and then some sorting and grouping for the lower level sub-views such as Album, Series, Name, Recent, Year, and Keywords. Then there are a couple of restrictions for the Highly Rated and HD sub-views.

So either those two tags are wrong, or you have changed the View definition from the default setup. As CB suggests, show us your View definition.

Here is mine.  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jachin99

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:17 pm »

Here are three screenshots.  Ignore the image named display view.  I was going to try to use keywords as a rule rather than media type but, I am trying this first.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »

Okay. Custom Theatre View menu structure.

You seem to be going directly from a Primary Roller (Family Photos & Videos) to a View (Home Videos (1)). While that should work, I'll have to see if I can replicate that. Not now though. Later.

Have you tested doing the same thing using the default structure though? i.e. Video (Secondary Roller)>Home Video (Main View)>Recent/Name/etc. (Sub-views), or equivalent structure.

jachin99

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:58 am »

The videos show up after adding home videos from library items from standard view under the video tab.  I'd rather not do it this way because when I go into the video menu, I'm looking for movies and TV shows.  It makes more sense to me to group them with my pictures.  Thanks for all of your help, and I hope you can get it working under a custom roller. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:15 am »

Maybe the element one up in the tree ("Family Photos & Videos") already filters based on some condition that excludes the home videos?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »

Yes, as Hendrik says, you probably have restrictions on your top level "Family Photos & Videos" item.

If you added the "Family Photos & Videos" item as a "Root Library Item" or just "Library Item", you are able to "Set rules for file display..." at that level, and hence restrict what gets displayed at lower levels.

If you added the "Family Photos & Videos" item as a "Category" and selected "Main Roller" or "secondary Roller", then you would not have been able to "Set rules for file display..." at that level, and hence there would be no restriction on what gets displayed at lower levels.

Given what you are trying to do, I would suggest that your "Family Photos & Videos" item should be a "Category" and "Secondary Roller" item, to be consistent with the default "Video" item. Playing with the setup in Options, it isn't obvious to me now what the "Primary Roller" would be used for, since none of the default items use it, yet they appear at the top of the menu structure. I can't see any way to best either a "Primary Roller" or a "Secondary Roller". The option is never active. Also the "Audio" item isn't a Roller at all, but is a Library Item. I guess you can use a Library Item at the top level when you want to apply a restriction at that level.   8)

"Video" can't have a restriction at the top level, because it contains a mixture of items Media Types within it; DVD Drive, TV Channels, various sub-types of Video, plus YouTube and Video on Disk Drives.

As your "Family Photos & Videos" will contain Video and Image Media Types, it should follow the convention of the top level Video item, as above, and be a "Category" and "Secondary Roller" item. Then build the specific "Home Videos" and "Pictures" items below that, and the detailed views below them. I built that arrangement in my library and it worked fine. I may even keep it now, although the name is a bit long. I might just call it "Family", with "Home Videos" and "Our Photos" below that.  :D

jachin99

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:50 am »

That did the trick, thanks for all the help.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up