INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST plugins  (Read 2524 times)

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
VST plugins
« on: June 11, 2016, 11:53:49 pm »

I have 465 VST plugins. I'm wondering if there is someway to import them using a script in cmd, or preferably terminal.

Thanks,

Robert

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: VST plugins
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:37:04 am »

Surely you don't want to use over 400 plugins at the same time.  Having them imported adds a check box, per plugin to the DSP window.  With more than maybe 15 of those, it's going to get very cumbersome and very ugly.

What are you trying to achieve?  If you just want to play, import them 5 to 10 at a time and play with them.  When you find you like one, keep it.  When you don't, remove it.

Or play with those plugins in another software that allows you to have large banks and libraries of plugins set up.  Figure out which ones you like and import just those into MC.  For most playback needs, MC has a very complete set of tools already included in DSP Studio.  I think most plugins are designed for studio work and not just playback.

Brian.

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: VST plugins
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:25:28 pm »

Surely you don't want to use over 400 plugins at the same time.  Having them imported adds a check box, per plugin to the DSP window.  With more than maybe 15 of those, it's going to get very cumbersome and very ugly.

What are you trying to achieve?  If you just want to play, import them 5 to 10 at a time and play with them.  When you find you like one, keep it.  When you don't, remove it.

Or play with those plugins in another software that allows you to have large banks and libraries of plugins set up.  Figure out which ones you like and import just those into MC.  For most playback needs, MC has a very complete set of tools already included in DSP Studio.  I think most plugins are designed for studio work and not just playback.

Brian.

The VST plugins I have I am using for DAW's (Digital Audio Workstation) mainly ProTools, and AU plugins for Logic Pro. If you're using more than 7-10 plugins, even if it's during the mixing stage, you're probably using the wrong instrumentation or "ingredients" for that particular track. It doesn't happen often, but Rihanna's "Diamonds" or whatever the name of the song is, had no compression or eq added to any of the drum tracks. What I was trying to achieve was a better workflow. I have so many plugins I honestly can't remember what every single one of them does, and when I am searching for a plugin to use in Logic or ProTools it can take up a lot of time. In JRiver, for example, I could take a drum track, vocal, synth, etc. and scan through plugins much faster. I wasn't trying to actually import the plugins into JRiver for post-production playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up