INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC3 audio getting sent to my Marantz SR5010  (Read 2049 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
AC3 audio getting sent to my Marantz SR5010
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:06:32 pm »

I have my HTPC hooked up to the above Marantz AVR via HDMI (and WASAPI) and was hoping to have to not set the DSP Audio Output Encoding to "Dolby Digital," since it's lossy as I understand it (AC3, right?). When I've tried setting the Output Encoding to "None," I only get sound out of 2 of my 4 speakers (only have 4 total at the moment), the Front Left/Right, even though I've got speakers hooked up to Surround L/R, too.  So: is there some setting in JRiver that I'm missing? I've tried setting it to 2 channel and 4 channel and even "Source Number of Channels," all to no avail, unless Output Encoding is set to "Dobly Digital." Is it something with the Marantz and/or how I have my speakers configured? I suspect the latter, but I thought I'd ask on here, as I'm fairly new to AVRs and surround and such. 

Thanks!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: AC3 audio getting sent to my Marantz SR5010
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:14:52 am »

Check in Windows Sound properties that the sound device/card on your HTPC is set up correctly. From Windows>Control Panel>Sound, click on the Sound Device (i.e. Realtek or Intel HD, or whatever) , then go to Properties tab and Configuration tab ,and look through the settings to be sure you have the number of speakers and format set correctly.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AC3 audio getting sent to my Marantz SR5010
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:29:34 pm »

Thanks, CountryBumkin.  Got it: that was the problem!
Pages: [1]   Go Up