INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor Who problem  (Read 1597 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Doctor Who problem
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:20:38 pm »

Hi there,

I am playing with Dr. Who and have downloaded a playlist.  out of 100 songs, it matched about a third of them to my libabry.

A number of items have a 30 in a grey box (I assume I can stream that for a max of 30 secs?)

Then there are others with nothings.  However, I do have several of these songs in my librray,  How come they did not match up?  The song, artists, and Album are all the same yet it did not match up?

also, it appears as if several of the items (in this particular play list) - the file type field is blank

thoughts?

Dave

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Doctor Who problem
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:59:38 pm »

I looked at a playlist just to see.  I know there is a logic to matching and it takes it in an order.

Ones, that didn't match that I have in my library included the following:

One parameter seemed to be the date/year more than the album, as I had some matched that were on different albums.  However, in my library I use the date of release for songs and not the date of the album which will be different on compilation albums (ie. Greatest Hits, Box Sets, Best of, etc.).  This appears to be a stumbling block to matching as it is now. 

It could also be duration, as this is sometimes off as much as 5 seconds for the same song.  Maybe that's out of the parameter they are using, though it seems to be a small difference.

I had two where no album was listed in the downloaded playlist, so they could not be played.

I use semi-colons between artists when there are collaborations and it looks like Dr. Who can't match these either when only one of the artists is listed in the playlist.

It seems they should widen the parameters in the above mentioned instances.

The blank file types were all unmatched tracks, which would make sense, as Dr. Who can't give you what you don't have.

Does this jibe with what you see?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:26:11 pm »

from what I have read on other threads for this, It's the nature of the beast!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:54:12 pm »

I have the same perception as to what is going on.

Is there a way to "link" my songs to the songs in the playlist?

dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up