INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable device and converting DVD rips  (Read 1343 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Portable device and converting DVD rips
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:08:35 pm »

I have a Dashbon portable projector.  I'm investigating what off-line media player will best serve using it when there's no network connectivity for streaming sticks.

I used a past version of MC to handle creating mono mp3 files for a kids audio player.  It occurred to me that might also work for movies.  Thus potentially making it 'easier' to handle creating a bunch of transcoded videos best suited for use on the player.

To my delight it works!  At least partially.  It managed to automagically find the right pieces of the various files in the DVD rip folders (VIDEO_TS).  The downside is it creates the transcoded output file as just "VIDEO_TS.ts", "VIDEO_TS (1).ts" and so-on, incrementing the (x) along the way.

I also note that the Database.mpl file contains the "Name" field and it does contain the correct info. 

Is there any kind of config option to affect the output filename created for these conversions?  If not then how about a feature request that allows some way to tie the output filename to the source title?

Otherwise, wow, I'm impressed this actually works this well.  NICE JOB!

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Portable device and converting DVD rips
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:05:39 am »

Bump

It would really be helpful to have a way to give the video converter routines a template for file naming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up