INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the Id do convolution?  (Read 2518 times)

HamishNorton

• Recent member
Does the Id do convolution?
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »

Does the Id do convolution? If so, would the Id Classic have the horsepower to handle 4 streams at 44.1 kHz with 65,536 long filters (my minimum requirement)? Would it be able to handle 4 streams at 96 kHz with 131,072 long filters?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does the Id do convolution?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

It should do convolution. You can copy the filter file to the exported filesystem.
You want to send me yours to test?
bob (at) jriver (dot) com

HamishNorton

• Recent member
Re: Does the Id do convolution?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:15:30 pm »

Thanks! I have not created the filters for the (very small) system I am building, but as long as the Id software has convolution capability, I think it will work. 4 streams at 48kHz  with 65,536 long filters doesn't take much horsepower and 65,536 at 48kHz should be enough. Basicallly I want to use the Id as an active 2-way crossover playing from a NAS. The Id, together with a 4-output USB audio interface (Scarlett 6i6?) is probably the simplest way to do that. My experience is that using Acourate to create filters that do the work of crossovers and room correction produces approximately the same benefit as spending 10x as much on (unfiltered) speakers and room tuning, while being physically much less obtrusive. You probably should figure out  how to sell that concept!
Pages: [1]   Go Up