INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help !!  (Read 1275 times)

gaftalik

• nothing more to say...
Please help !!
« on: August 08, 2003, 12:56:50 pm »

I think i could not explain well on Aug 4 what exactly i need ?
On my server i have created a scheduled task wich runs the media center at 8 am till 11:45 pm when task ends and shut media center down.
I have on my playing now list 500 songs or more. i want that when media center starts at 8 am to play random songs until the task ends at 11:45 pm.The next day when it runs again it has to continue playing randomly the remaining songs which were unplayed for ex :
day 1 played 100 songs randomly
day 2 must play from the 400 songs  (ex :120 songs)
day 3 must play from the 280 songs remaining (500-100-120) (ex : 110 songs)
day 4  plays from the 170 songs all the remaining 170 songs (500-100-120-110) so that day 5 must restart from the begining since the 500 songs were totally played as if it is day 1 and so on...
Nbr of songs played during the day depends on the length in minutes of each song.
All that shall work automatically without any intervention for rules modification every day .
Is that possible ??   :-[

I hope i got it clear and i appreciate very much your answer if there is a rule to create.
Thank you .
Gaftalik

nila

Re: Please help !!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 02:09:49 pm »

Read the Private Message I sent you.

It tells you how to do it two ways - one that requires manual interaction but lets you reset and define exactly what doesn't play.

The other that does it fully automatically but you cant reset (ie it always just wont play songs from the last 5 days and doesn't restart with a full list ever).

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 06:08:59 pm »

Why is it secret Nila?

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 06:45:34 am »

It is not a secret, unless you do not remember your Algebra or the study of 'Sets' in modern math.   :o

nila

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 10:35:13 am »

It wasn't anything secret he just PM'd me asking me for help so I gave him the answer in the PM and then after saw the post. I'd already told him how :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up