INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play DVD and Blu Ray from start  (Read 2902 times)

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
Play DVD and Blu Ray from start
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:50:32 am »

Hello all, i suspect this is a super easy fix but for the life of me i cant figure it out. Most of the time i want my video files to play from where i last stopped them, which JRiver does automatically so great. But every now and then i want to play from the start in theatre view using a remote. Is there a remote control command or any other simple way to do this? Currently i either use the remote chapter back command or the keyboard. What i'd like is a single command that either lets me skip straight to the start or play from the start. Cheers. John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play DVD and Blu Ray from start
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:51:38 am »

Pressing stop a second time will clear the bookmark.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:12 am »

If you go to Tools>Options>General >Behavior, there is a setting called "Resume Playback using Bookmarks..." If you set this to "Ask" and then each time you start a DVD or BD from somewhere other than the beginning, MC will "Ask" you if you want to start from the beginning or where you last left off.

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:37:39 pm »

great, thanks chaps. John

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:40:03 am »

Thanks also, Never new the option existed to "Ask" ... as the Double Stop for us does not always seem to work (from our HTPC Library Server Client)!
JRiver CEO Elect

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:15:46 am »

The only 'problem' with the Ask option is that if you are using JRemote to control selection there is no easy way to make the selection. You either have to pick up your remote or navigate (can be many clicks depending on where you are) to the JRemote Remote screen to then make the selection. Then remember where you were in the menus and navigate back.

RD James

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 02:02:19 am »

Thanks also, Never new the option existed to "Ask" ... as the Double Stop for us does not always seem to work (from our HTPC Library Server Client)!
Just recently I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be working as reliably as it once did. I wonder if something changed.

The only 'problem' with the Ask option is that if you are using JRemote to control selection there is no easy way to make the selection. You either have to pick up your remote or navigate (can be many clicks depending on where you are) to the JRemote Remote screen to then make the selection. Then remember where you were in the menus and navigate back.
Perhaps it could respond to prev/play commands.
Hit prev to start playback from the beginning, play to resume playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up