INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy needs help  (Read 2542 times)

lolojimbo

New guy needs help
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

Please help. I got JRiver Media Center a couple weeks ago, and, really like it. I switched from VLC. My problem is, I can play mp3 and CD quality WAV but not Flac I got from HD Tracks. I do get this message--Something went wrong with playback. Details. Playback could not be started on the output 'WASAPI' using the format '96 kHz 2ch'. This output format may not be supportedby your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change output to a compatible format. Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.--I assume that since it does work with the exception of FLAC,that I only need to make a small change. I just don't know what change to make, or how to make it. Please help a rookie. Thank you,   Lolojimbo

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New guy needs help
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »

check tools>options>audio and make sure your soundcard is selected. Also make sure - to start - that bitstreaming is turned off.
check on your computer under audio playback device/properties what rates your soundcard supports.

I would guess something is limited re sampling rate which would explain why mp3 and wav (aka usually CD quality 44.1 rate)  work but the flac from hd tracks which is higher def (96khz) not...if bitstreaming is off it should work as 90% of regular on-board/add-on audio cards should all support at least 96khz 2CH

a safe way to make it work but defeats the purpose of highdef files would be to open dsp studio (also under  tools>options>audio) and just convert everything over 44.1 to 44.1...that should work as well.

lolojimbo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 08:22:31 am »

Thank you Eddyshere for your reply. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. This stuff is a constant learning experience! I'll let you know what happens.     Lolojimbo

lolojimbo

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 08:48:36 am »

Eddyshere, a new development. I am playing my music via a Yamaha YBA-11 bluetooth. That is apparently the problem. To switch to the soundcard, I removed the bluetooth. Does this mean I need to go back to wires?    Lolojimbo

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:53:29 am »

Bluetooth devices are normally limited to just a few sample rates with 44.1kHz being the most common.  It's not at all surprising that your bluetooth device won't accept 96kHz audio.

You can tell MC to down sample your 96kHz content to 44.1kHz if you want to:

Player > DSP Studio > Output Format > (checked)
Player > DSP Studio > Output Format > Sample Rate

Then find the 96kHz input column and change it's output to 44.1kHz.  That should do it.

Or use your sound card as you were thinking which will allow you to send true 96kHz audio to your system.  Just FYI, most bluetooth audio devices use lossy compression during transport, so it's sort of like converting everything to MP3 when you play through Bluetooth.  It's not a good option for "hi-fi" sound quality.

Brian.

lolojimbo

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:20:36 am »

Brian,  Thank you. Just what I didn't want to discover. I suppose it is back to wires. Thanks again   Lolojimbo

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

You'll probably quickly learn to appreciate high definition audio. I don't know what you were used to listening to up to now but if you take the time to take the learning curve regarding computer audiophile grade and the high definition musics and standards you'll never turn back or should I say "listen" back....
You'll be surprised how crappy actually MP3 sounded....
Pages: [1]   Go Up