INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS :adding fields to : /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?  (Read 2461 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
MCWS :adding fields to : /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:07:09 pm »

I'm finally getting to what I wanted and all works great ! I have one last request. The /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info? function is a central function for easily capturing playing now information for my automation system.
 :)Please bear in mind that for automation systems it's much easier to have a single two way communication than several...i know i could query the file key with playback/info and then based on it re-query more fields in the library....but that's not the purpose of my request.

Optimally it would be great one could select under tools>options>library and folders>manage library fields a certain field and could have a check box like "include in MCWS playback info response". This field would then be part of the mcws xml response
Another way would be to define two or three fields labeled "MCWS info 1" which are automatically part of the playback/info? xml.

In doing that everybody (essentially people with two way remote systems) could choose what they would like the mcws/playback/info function to include

BTW....i don't think the "root" playback/info.xml is easily accessible  ? so I could add/edit the fields i would like to see.

Lastly - when playing mkv's with renamed chapters...the OSD perfectly shows the renamed chapter string (no longuer chapter 1, chapter 2) ---> could this string also be reported by playback/info? (not only the chapter digit ie. <Item Name="Chapter">0</Item>)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MCWS :adding fields to : /MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:53:28 am »

Sorry, this is not customizable. You can query full file information using the FileKey returned by Playback/Info.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:03:37 am »

OK will do without then....

Maybe the idea of a checkbox in the field selector could be a feature request for futur releases...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 07:56:01 am »

In my opinion this request is attempting to do things the wrong way.  No server product should have options that change it's responses to commands.  The whole idea of having a set of commands and responses is that you can guarantee that the responses to commands will always be the same.  Changing those responses based on server options breaks that model and makes it inconsistent.

This may seem like a convenient idea, for this one use, right now.  But it's definitely the "wrong idea" from a computer architecture perspective.

Brian.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:54:04 pm »

Hi Brian, Fully understand and also completely agree.

At present the command returns artist, album and name.

For a CD there's basic all you need but for a movie or a TV serie what do you put ? Album = Games of Thrones ?? IT would be very convenient to just have one field more in the response of this command (glad if it's "hardcoded" in the response XML)...just one "video-meaningfull" field more.

Once again i can get all info over the file key but playback/info? is very complete (tech info, bitrate channels chapter number etc...) and easy fast to get....

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 03:24:08 am »

For a CD there's basic all you need

Might be OK for pop music, but it isn't for classical. I would like composer, work, orchestra, soloists etc, available. The artist/album norm is useless.

It's been asked for many times, so I don't see it happening!
Pages: [1]   Go Up