INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audio streaming problem jremote iphone  (Read 2505 times)

GalNoam

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
audio streaming problem jremote iphone
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:09:10 am »

Hello
I have 2 windows 7 x64 servers at home (set with different access keys and 2 defferent ports )
I had an android phone till recently till it stoped working, jremote gizmo and webgizmo worked perfectly.
I purchased remote for my new refurbished  iPhone 5s and it will not stream audio.
video and images working on all the zones.
audio is working as long as I don't choose "This device".
when doing so the message toppic is "audio streaming problem" and "There was a problem playing the current audio file".
I have the same error on both servers trying to ply different audio formats,
I dont use DSP settings,and tried all combinations of audio transcoding on the server and jremote
it's throwing the same error whether I'm inside my network or outside.

I've attached an example log :

any ideas
thank you

mx4789

• Recent member
Re: audio streaming problem jremote iphone
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »

See if this thread sheds any light on the subject (scroll down towards the bottom to get to the issue):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98810.0

I just bought the app, set up my server with static IP, forwarded the port and was thrilled until I tried to play a song. Now I am pissed off.  >:(
If this really is the case, then it should NOT still be a problem over a year later!  The app should have a big bold disclaimer on it that states it may not work unless you spend a lot of time and effort hunting down and resizing various bits of cover art. WTH??

UPDATE:  :D :D :D ...and now I am THRILLED again.  In my case, I changed the setting to use Transcode Audio 128k and it worked!  :D :D :D

I was really dreading having to resize images (just the process of opening/saving as, blah blah blah) so I decided to randomly start changing settings to see what would happen and viola!  FWIW, this thread is one of several in the "same vein" that came up when I searched for the error message and that was how I was assuming it had to do with cover art resolution.

GalNoam

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: audio streaming problem jremote iphone
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 10:49:55 pm »

thank you mx4789 for the reply.
I'm assuming you transcoded to 128 bit in jremote application,
I've tried it,it's not working for me.

any further ID's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up