INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to disable the opening of the Action Window on the bottom left?  (Read 3257 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen

Very often when I do something with MC, the Action Window (see first pic) opens on the bottom left.
But I don't need it and it's annoying to have to click on it to reduce it (as on second pic).
So is there a way to disable the opening of the Action Window?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You can turn it off altogether in "Options>Startup>Startup Interface" if you like.

EDIT: Actually that setting just stops the Action Window from opening at startup. It is still there minimised, if you left it that way prior to last closing MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

8139david

• Galactic Citizen

It will open whenever I play something. So I'd like to disable it altogether.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I can't help you then.

Have you tried Cover View (Ctrl-5)? Very minimalist. The navigation bar pops out from the left when you move the mouse to the left edge, and the playback controls pop down from the top edge.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

8139david

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks. But I prefer the Standard view.

So I'd still like to disable Action Window or its opening when something is played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up