INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My experience setting up and testing Engen and OneRemote  (Read 1650 times)

DebbieJ

My experience setting up and testing Engen and OneRemote
« on: June 21, 2016, 12:50:30 pm »

I purchased an Aeon Labs Aeotec Smart Switch 6, Gen 5  and  a Aeon Z-Wave Z-Stick, Gen5 (ZW090)  and finally got a chance to setup and test.

One Remote Version 1.23 on Galaxy 5S (Marshmallow 6.0.1)
Engen Version 1.0.9 on Windows 7 PC

I have a lamp plugged into my Smart switch.  I paired the Z-stick and Switch.  Next installed Engen and tried to run.  I got error “Error installing Service.”  I realized I needed to install drivers for Z-Stick.  After drivers installed, reran Engen and got same error.  I read on the forum about someone who needed to reset the Z-Stick, so tried that and success!

I was able to turn my lamp on and off through Aeon switch via CMD prompt and web browser using the following:

localhost:52110/alpha000/basic_set?node-2, value=0
localhost:52110/alpha000/basic_set?node-2, value=1   (100 did not work, I’m assuming because it is a switch and not a dimmable bulb)

One Remote

I created a Category called Lamp with photo of lamp and added a Switch with the 2 Links above.  (Changed localhost to IP address of my computer running Engen.)

When I click on the Lamp button it opens my default browser (Opera) on my phone with the URL above.  Unfortunately the web page times out.  I then tested the URL from a second PC in my house and I successfully turned lamp on and off.   After turning off AntiVirus, checking settings in my router, etc., I finally decided to change browsers on my cell phone.  I typed URL in manually on Chrome instead of Opera.  It took a while but finally connected and successfully turned the lamp on.  I then changed the default browser on my phone to chrome and was able to successfully turn lamp on and off via One Remote!

I see there is an updated version of Engen.  I will test that now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up