INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Is Downsampling - Display Reads 320kbs  (Read 2954 times)

vigotone

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio Is Downsampling - Display Reads 320kbs
« on: June 22, 2016, 09:14:16 am »

For some reason, all my audio is being downsampled, even though I've set all sample rates to "No Change". All my files are ALAC and are at least 16/44.1. According to the display, all tracks are being played at 320kbps.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Is Downsampling - Display Reads 320kbs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 02:49:06 pm »

I'm guessing that you are using a network device for playback?  Some sort of DLNA renderer.

The default profile for DLNA devices with MC uses 320kbps MP3 as the transport/encoding method.  You'll probably want to use a different profile, or create your own:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Add > (choose profile here)

I'd start with the audiophile 24 bit profile and modify it if necessary.  After creating the profile, you'll need to associate it with your playback device:

Find your device in Playing Now > right click > associate with DLNA server > (pick the new profile here)

Good luck.

Brian.

vigotone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

Thanks! That helped a lot. Also there was a selection in Tools > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion where you have to select "Don't convert audio".

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:08:00 am »

Thanks! That helped a lot. Also there was a selection in Tools > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion where you have to select "Don't convert audio".

That option does not apply in your situation.  That option is only used when MC is talking to another MC server and is a "client" of that server, pulling files from it's remote library.

But I'm glad you got it worked out.  :)

Brian.

vigotone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 08:12:47 am »

Actually, Brian, that's what I was trying to do: Use MC on my laptop to stream from MC On my Mac Mini over the internet. Sorry, I should've been more clear! Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up