INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album that refuses to display under artist  (Read 3720 times)

jshowalter

• Recent member
Album that refuses to display under artist
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:39 pm »

Best explained with three pictures (attached).

Yes, I reimported everything. Several times!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album that refuses to display under artist
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:42:37 am »

Album artist (auto) is not correct

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59:26 am »

Album artist (auto) is not correct

Ah, beaten by Ferday. A little more detail below.

Easy.

You see track 5 - The Way It Always Starts. You have a second Artist in the Artist field. It should have something like "Mark Knopfler; Gerry Rafferty" to be correctly tagged, which shows MC that there are two Artists, and allows it to identify both, so you can search for "Gerry Rafferty" and get this track. If you have something like "Mark Knopfler/Gerry Rafferty" or "Mark Knopfler and Gerry Rafferty" or "Mark Knopfler with Gerry Rafferty", change it to "Mark Knopfler; Gerry Rafferty".

Now that is out of the way, right click up in the row that has the column names in it, and click next to the "Album Artist" and "Album Artist (auto)" fields, so that they display in the view. Click somewhere away from the list of fields to close that list. See first attached image.

Now change the Album Artist field for all tracks in the Album to "Mark Knopfler". The Album will still be listed under "Various Artists", but it will now show up correctly under "Audio>Artists>Mark Knopfler". See second attached image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 07:57:44 am »

Off topic(ish):

I've been a fan of Knopfler via the Dire Straits for a long time.  I only have a couple of albums, but I like them.  I recently found some Knopfler solo work on CD at the flea market and bought 2 albums:  Ragpicker's Dream and Goldenheart.

Ragpicker's Dream is really good!  Goldenheart is starting to grow on me a little.  Rackpickers is a gem.

Brian.

jshowalter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 11:15:36 am »

Thank you! All fixed.

Knopfler also did several soundtracks, including "Princess Bride". Some of the songs on those are really good too.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 05:10:05 pm »

Hmmm, must get the soundtrack to Princess Bride then. I remember that was pretty good.

Glad it is all sorted.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up