INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deterministic Crashes On Boulder 1021  (Read 2656 times)

thresholdman

• Recent member
Deterministic Crashes On Boulder 1021
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:06:29 am »

I seem to have a track on a number of albums that will cause my renderer to crash. I don't have any issues playing the tracks on the computer. I'm using a dedicated apple mini server as a music server. The crashes are repeatable. Any advice would be appreciated .

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deterministic Crashes On Boulder 1021
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:26 am »

How are you sending the files?  I presume with DLNA.  But what profile are you using?  The default converts to MP3.  Have you tried PCM?

Are the tracks in question at a specific sample rate that's different from the others?

Brian.

thresholdman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:20:28 pm »

I'm using the audiophile 24 bit configuration and I believe I'm transferring in PCM. How can I tell? This happens on 24 bit and 16 bit recordings but it seam like I'm having more problems with 24 bit 96 kHz recordings.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 05:24:38 pm »

I'm hoping your DLNA device has a read out of some sort that tells you the format, bit depth, sample rate, etc that it is receiving.  That's the best way to tell.  I *think* MC also displays this information in the top information display while playing.

You might get more help with this if you post it in the Media Network forum.  There are some people there that are pretty good with this stuff.

Brian.

thresholdman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

It appears to be playing at the incoming bit depth and frequency
Pages: [1]   Go Up