INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export playlist structure  (Read 2488 times)

Three

• Recent member
Export playlist structure
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:57:56 pm »

I have two computers, one with over 30,000 music files, and one with a subset, consisting of 6,000 files. The directory structure on the two computers is identical. On the machine with the 30,000 files, I have created over 100 playlists divided into a large number of playlist groups. These playlists are only for the files that are in common between the machines. How do I export the playlists and playlist group structure so that it can be imported into the computer with the smaller number of files?

I don't see an option to backup only the playlists, nor one to backup only a portion of the library. If I do a full library backup on the machine with the many files, then a library restore on the computer with the smaller number, will I end up with 25,000 dead links I need to delete? Not at all sure what to do. Thanks.

Three

• Recent member
Re: Export playlist structure
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:26:40 pm »

Okay. I screwed up my courage and tried the full library restore route. I ended up with 25,000 dead links. The missing file smartlist came to my rescue. Sorry to have asked such a naive, and simple, question.

Doug

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Export playlist structure
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:56:20 am »

Not naive or simple.  But you did exactly what I was going to suggest that you do.  I'm glad you got it all figured out.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up