INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test patterns source  (Read 1660 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Test patterns source
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:29 am »

Where can I get test patterns for basic setup items like color, contrast, and brightness that are easily played through JRiver.  I have downloaded the AVS 709 disc but most of the patterns are for color calibration, and the files themselves aren't labeled meaning I would have to sort through 90+ files in order to hopefully find one that accomplishes what I want.  I have glanced through them but nothing looks very hopeful.  I also ripped my spears and munsil disc but most of the setup files aren't being saved, and I only get the videos, which aren't used for specific calibrations. 

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Test patterns source
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:47:18 am »

Did you download the AVS 709 MP4 test patterns? If not, you want that and not the Blu-ray for playback in JRiver.

The Basic Settings folder contains the patterns needed for setting brightness and contrast. There is no "basic setup" for color. You need a spectroradiometer or colorimeter to properly set color.

I'll tell you which files to use on the Spears and Munsil disc later.

jachin99

Re: Test patterns source
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:19:55 pm »

I forgot about the mp4 version, and just had the ISO.  Those help out a lot but I need something that I can check polarity with for 3D.  Do you have any advice for that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up