INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just curious - I had to down-sample for JBL Charge bluetooth  (Read 2077 times)

thane108

• World Citizen

My wife's mac and ran into a problem with several mp3s and I had to go into dsp and down-sample to 44,100 to get them to play on a JBL Charge Bluetooth speaker.

Is that typical for Bluetooth speakers?  Is her JBL Charge just getting a little dated?

I'm assuming it doesn't matter as it is a single speaker, but I was surprised it didn't support at least 48,000 - that's the industry minimum standard, right?
Perseverance wins out in the end!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Just curious - I had to down-sample for JBL Charge bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:22:41 am »

Bluetooth audio devices tend to be pretty limited. I've seen several instances where people reported that they couldn't play certain things until they down sampled to 44.1kHz.  I think movie audio was one of the last ones I saw.  Most movies are 48kHz.

With other software that lets the operating system's sound driver resample everything, these problems don't show up because the OS is invisibly resampling everything you send to it.  With MC, it's strict about sample rates (for sound quality reasons), so you see this behavior.  You of course have found the right configuration option to fix it.  :)

Brian.

thane108

• World Citizen
Re: Just curious - I had to down-sample for JBL Charge bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:49:51 am »

Strange - but doesn't matter in terms of sound quality.  Just for the back yard - and just for mp3.

I'll live with it.

Perseverance wins out in the end!
Pages: [1]   Go Up