INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I play just on album?  (Read 1869 times)

Highlanders

How do I play just on album?
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:46:24 am »

I've used JR for about 2 weeks now and I think it's great but it found all of my music in three different places. Let me explain C drive where I would go to play my music (was a iTunes user) my spare D drive same music but kept just in case C fails and because I don't fancy ripping all my CDs again, made a copy of my D drive which is on my largest E drive.

So every time I pick an album to play I get three of the same song, so how can I just play the songs once?

James

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I play just on album?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:14:58 am »

So every time I pick an album to play I get three of the same song, so how can I just play the songs once?

Unfortunately - you have let Media Center impose it's will over your music locations and now it's displaying media in it's library from three different areas/drives.

You need to decide where the "master" stash will be and have Media Center ONLY look there for your tunes. Or continue to use three locations - if that's your thing - but ensure that all duplicates are removed from said locations.

To fix - Go to Tools->Import-Configure Auto Import option. You will most likely see your three locations listed. Decide which folder locations to keep and clip the others away.

Then - dependent on the duplicate overrun you currently see in your library - if it were me - once I have reset my main media path - I would probably clear the library and then "re-import" the media from the new single location.

To clear the library - use File->Library-Clear Library.

WARNING - this will wipe all media references from the current library. It will not touch/delete/alter your actual media files. Be sure this is what you want to do.

Then - once the library is clear and the media path is set...

Go to Tools-Import-Run Auto Import Now.

This should refill your library with just a single instance of each track - all coming from your main media location.

Let us know how it goes - or - if you are unsure about anything - ask away :)

VP

Highlanders

Re: How do I play just on album?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 11:42:33 am »

;D ;D ;D

Thank you that worked a treat.

James
Pages: [1]   Go Up