INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote iPad fine to MC21 Mac at home via Internet but blocked from work  (Read 2590 times)

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi.
I can connect and play fine outside my home LAN using iPad through iPhone through AT&T data.  However, if the iPad is on my LAN at work, it can't connect. It says something about network unreadable.  I have port 52199 forwarded on my home router - otherwise access through my iPhone wouldn't work.   Also odd is that I can connect to the Mac from the iPad from the same work LAN using Jump Desktop just fine to have a Remote Desktop of the Mac on the iPad from work.

Could is be port 52199 on my work's routers?  Seems odd it would be blocked outbound but they do have pretty intense security here.  Anything to try?  I can use iPhone/hotspot but don't want to eat my data plan.

Thanks,

David

horse

• World Citizen

Highly likely the work firewalls are blocking that port.
Your company could also be blocking everything and even your web traffic is going via a proxy.

A quick check on whatsmyipadress.com should give you a clue. Does the displayed address match your PC's ?
If not then your web traffic is via a proxy and hence very likely all other traffic is blocked. Becoming quite common i'm afraid.

I also have this problem but get round it with a VPN over TCP 443 which bypasses the proxy and escapes as https traffic. At least until they enable a secure proxy.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen

Can you use a friend's WiFi and does that work? If yes then your setup at home is correct and it's definitely a "work" issue with firewalls/blocking etc.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up