INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable display from turning off (usful for HDMI audio) Q?  (Read 4152 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Disable display from turning off (usful for HDMI audio) Q?
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:05:58 am »

Guys what does this actually do?
Im wondering if it might help me.....

I have my PC with JRiver and two Oppo BD players all three feeding into my Lumagen, then off to the projector. Audio from the Lumagen goes directly to AVR.

I have found when I switch the Lumagen to one of the Oppos I get a green screen, have to turn the Lumagen off then back on to handshake.

Also I'm finding that my audio setup in JRiver has lost my setting of LUMAGEN Wasapi. I then have to turn off the PC then back on, next time round the audio on JR is rest back to LUMAGEN Wasapi.

I'm losing HDMI handshake when switching the Lumagen across to the Oppos from the PC. Does this setting "Disable display from turning off (usful for HDMI audio)" when ticked help?

Thanks in advance.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Disable display from turning off (usful for HDMI audio) Q?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 04:32:21 am »

All the setting does is keep the screen on when you play audio, so it doesnt go into standby as some HDMI devices lose audio functionality then.
If you have handshaking issues when switching the input of HDMI devices, the option will not help, and unfortunately nothing we can do in software would ever help as HDMI issues are hardware/firmware issues, and outside of the realm of control MC could ever have.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 04:59:07 am »

In my experience the only way for MC to reinitialize the PC's HDMI output is to issue the MC Command "Restart PC"... :)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

RD James

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:20:12 am »

You need an "HD Fury Dr HDMI" device or similar to tell the transmitting device that the display is always on and connected.
I think the new HD Fury 4K splitter may also have the HDMI handshake functionality.

murray

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 04:34:56 pm »

Where in the chain do you place the device so it thinks the display is always there?
The PC is connected first to the Lumagen VP, one out from it goes to the projector, the other out goes to the AVR.

I have one of these HDMI splitters from HDfury, will it help me even though I would only be using 1 in 1 out from it?
https://www.hdfury.com/shop/otherhdfuryhardware/splitter-4k/

RD James

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:18:38 am »

It says that the splitter has EDID processing and manual EDID controls so I don't know if that also means it has the ability to make the receiving device think that the display is always connected like the Dr HDMI/Integral.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 02:06:03 pm »

Dr. HDMI (HDFury) and HDMI Detective (Gefen) are the two original products that trick the computer into thinking the display is always connected. You may be able to find them cheaper, not sure. I use the Dr HDMI on my HTPC and it works great.

-tm

Agent86

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 02:31:47 pm »

Hi you can disable the ability for the bluray players to tell the display that they are off and for the display to detect that a source is off (which may be the issue here) with a simple (and reversible) adjustment to the HDMI cable connector.

Look at the 10th post here. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up