INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you guys know of any software that does what convolution does but for P.A?  (Read 3345 times)

Audio Adrenaline

• Recent member

Im involved in my local churches sound setup and they are in a building with shocking accoustics and I was thinking maybe a pa version of something like convolution would help do you guys know of anyone who writes this sort of software and does not want megabucks for it?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Applying massive EQ in a room with bad acoustics is usually a bad idea.  Generally speaking, there are placement positions for speakers that make better sense than others, even in spaces that seem strange.  Some acoustic treatment may be in order also.

EQ can NOT correct many destructive reflections.  All of your first level fixes should be acoustic based.  Speaker placement, room treatment, etc.  I used to work for a company that owned an (at the time) very expensive, sophisticated, and hard to use measurement device (a Techron TEF).  They used to say that once you had a TEF for a while, you didn't need one any more.  Because doing measurements showed you how to properly place speakers to get (relatively) good measurements from optimal positioning.  After you've seen enough of these, you start to recognize where to place things and what is "right" and "wrong" acoustically speaking.

Good luck on your project.  :)

Brian.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Im involved in my local churches sound setup and they are in a building with shocking accoustics and I was thinking maybe a pa version of something like convolution would help do you guys know of anyone who writes this sort of software and does not want megabucks for it?
If you have no EQ capability, then the DBX DriveRack PA2 is what I would recommend. It has automatic feedback suppression and an AutoEQ function. AutoEQ requires purchase of the separate DBX microphone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up